(edit:) Thank you to everyone who read and commented on my previous blog! Just wanted you guys to know that I have tried to read as many of your comments as possible and wanted to answer some common questions that I saw. There were also a few comments regarding some aesthetics that I missed in the first part, so this blog is for you guys!
Also if you haven’t already read part 1, here’s the link if you’d like to check it out:
Regarding how to really know which aesthetic best fits you, just know that there is no right or wrong answer. But I have some tips that may be able to help you:
1. First, decide which aesthetic(s) from the list that catches your eye, because that will give some insight on what colors you’d like to be styled with or even the “literal” style itself. Many of these aesthetics are closely related, so combining different aesthetics with each other to better fit your own is a great choice.
2. Look into your own closet and from the clothes you already own, try to make a couple of outfits that will fit into each aesthetic that you picked. (I’d recommend trying to make at least 3 outfits) Or if you’re like me and don’t own that many ‘styled’ clothes, going on Pinterest is another great way to discover more stylized outfits that fit into your chosen aesthetic.
But most likely you probably own a few simple items of clothing that will already fit into your aesthetic. Like a pair of blue jeans, a white tee, some hairpins, or even jewelry. Then, look for what you might be missing, like floral pattern shirts, a plaid skirt, some black boots, or whatever you need to complete the outfit.
3. From the Pinterest research, try to make a mood board of different colors, make up, or any specific photo(s) that represent that style. This can help to narrow your color scheme and choices for the next step.
4. Probably the funnest part of this, shopping! (But don’t overdo it) Simply purchase the missing item needed to complete your outfit.
5. Finally, remember that this whole “aesthetic” discovery is solely for fun, so make sure that whatever aesthetic you pick is because it makes you happy, and not because it is the newest trend (only exception is if you chose “Hypebeast” as your aesthetic).
Also, don’t be discouraged if you always find yourself changing or having more than one aesthetic, sooner or later you will slowly ease into your own personal style that might be a combination of all of the aesthetics you picked or a completely different one. Just as people grow and change, so will your style change over time.
Again all credit goes to https://aesthetics.fandom.com/wiki/Wiki/List_of_Aesthetics so all of my thanks goes to them!
[p.s. thank you for helping me sort out the last two “extra note” aesthetics! ]
Inspired by extraterrestrial life forms and signifying a new rebellious attitude towards quintessential beauty norms. Considered to be under the subgenre for space core but focuses on more sci-fi themes rather than astrological ones.